22.3.06

The places that were ours

Twenty one relationships spent alone
means you never really get involved.
Consider them journeys that never happened.
I always wondered what a real relationship
felt like.

As children we know nothing of the years that fuck you up.
I loved just enough he said.
Blood was experienced but nothing seemed bad.
Hardly proper we both knew,
apparently worth while.

A record three have never been screwed at all.
I looked after his tears and serious smile.
An engagement with shit and I didn’t even know it.

It wasn’t planned all those pretty arduous years ago.
I didn’t know we’d go through
so much.

If we ever had something together
then leave it in
the past.
I ran around after thought,
no relationship does that.

The places that were ours show no marks.

No comments: